Friday, November 20, 2015

An Old Fashioned Christmas

We all have a special Christmas memory from our childhood.  Mine was the year Santa brought me the rocking horse I had wanted...I was 4 years old.  That is what inspired this card.  I used the Rocking Horse image from Sunsational Stamps 


In order for you to see the areas I added Liquid Glass to I had to tilt it so the light would hit it....I wanted to make sure you saw it :)


I thought that a rocking horse should be on a rocking card.  To make the rocking card base I used the largest die (4 1/4") from the Sizzix Scallop Circles.   I had a piece of old fashioned looking patterned cardstock that had presents on it, but of course you can use whatever cardstocks you like.  I scored the circle at 2 1/8" (the center) and folded it in half.  There you have the base of the card.  I used Liquid Glass (a Close To My Heart product) on the presents to make them stand out.  Then I added some gold "garland" to the top.  Now for the Rocking Horse ....I colored it with Distress Markers, added a gold brad on the reigns and also used Liquid Glass on the reigns.  I tied a red ribbon and added that to a tag I had "distressed" with Distress Ink and stamped Merry Christmas and attached it to the rocking horse.  And lastly, I used foam tape to attach the rocking horse to the rocking card.  It's really fun because the card makes the rocking horse rock!.

To see more stamp sets visit Sunsational Stamps 
For digital images and cut files visit Scrapping With Lisa Designs 

For more inspiration visit....

and my YouTube channel jjgz4ever 

And don't miss out on Sunsational Stamps November Monthly Challenge 


And here are some other challenges to enter...
Sisterhood of Crafters - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas"
Simon Says - Christmas
Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #46 Use Scraps
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #338 Christmas Present
Alphabet Challenge Blog - T for Tis the Season
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog - 1-2-3
A Snowflakes Promise - Challenge #10
Crafty Girls Creations - Challenge #9
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges - #88 Holidays

Thank you for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!


17 comments:

  1. Adorable! I loveeeeeeee that horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is simply gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the movement! What a fun surprise. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! I love that it rocks!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge T for Tis the Season. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative- love your story too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ADORABLE!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card - thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete